Employment Type: Full Time
Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU.
If you join Meliá Hotels International, you will immediately be empowered to enhance the experience of every guest. We put the emphasis on having a qualified team of people working in an environment where flexibility, motivation, commitment, involvement and enthusiasm prevail. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious, and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us!
Meliá Hotels International is the world’s largest resort hotel company in the world. With 350 hotels worldwide, and growing, the company has been firmly committed to international development.
- Service vocation Because our guest is our reason for being
- Excellence Because we do things right: with professionalism, efficiency and agility
- Innovation Because we anticipate and evolve to be better every day
- Proximity Because we love to share, listen... feel
- Consistency Because we do what we say
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Pay rates that meet or exceed area standards.
- Competitive Benefits Plans: Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Work/Life Balance: Holiday, vacation, and sick pay
- Worldwide Hotel Booking Discounts: Amazing discounts to everyone who is part of the company, including our family or friends.
- Partner Discounts: Meliá Hotels International takes advantage of its leading position on the international market, striking deals with other companies to offer our employees products or services at a more competitive price. For example, theme parks, banks, airlines, insurers, and gyms, etc.
- Perform repairs and maintenance for assigned area such as the interior/exterior of buildings, hotel suites, laundry facilities, kitchen equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation and water treatment systems and swimming pool.
- Carry out regular maintenance to guest rooms and record action taken.
- Test and record the hot and cold water temperatures, to ensure the Hot water is >122F (50C) and the Cold <68F (20C), after 1 minute of running, at all outlets, within the bathroom.
- Clean and sterilize the shower head and tap diffusers for each bathroom appliance, at 6-month intervals.
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to manager.
- Monitor and order sufficient stock levels of required spares.
- Ensure inventory is up to par as per department and hotel policy and procedures.
- Respond in a prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicate daily with Reception and Housekeeping, to obtain rooms availability, to minimize any guest inconvenience and maximize productivity.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest suites such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest suites if needed.
- Experience in a similar position in a hotel, resort and/or commercial/residential building.
- Intermediate knowledge and skills or certification in the following fields but not limited to: plumbing, electrician, carpentry, equipment mechanics, HVAC, refrigeration.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (verbal and written) with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in determining potential hazards.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- Some college degree and/or HVAC, Electrical certifications.