Employment Type: Full Time
(IMPACT HOSPITALITY VENTURES)
MELIA ORLANDO SUITE HOTEL AT CELEBRATION
Overview: Perform a variety of routine accounting duties to ensure the control and protection (internal control measures to protect hotel’s assets such as cash, stock etc, against misuse) and management information (in form of reporting results to mangers to yield a greater awareness of the hotel changing situation, to act as a guide to future actions required to keep the hotel reaching for its predetermined goals).
- Verify accuracy of the recording of income, analyzing and reporting, inefficiencies or weaknesses in operational procedures with recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare daily and monthly reports (hotel and food and beverage flash reports and average spent), detailed analysis of house accounts, allowances, and front office audit.
- Minimize losses from credit card charge backs, review daily and undertake prompt actions and implementing proper front of house procedures.
- Ensure that all the hotel’s procedures are adhered in accordance with hotel policy and standards.
- On a daily basis, monitor reports of guests' high balances, analyzing each case and taking the right measures to ensure settlement.
- Control all deductions, adjustments, discounts, cancelations and discrepancies.
- Control and audit all miscellaneous revenues (upsells, telephone, laundry, gift shop, etc.)
- Daily review the night audit package and collect signatures.
- Review packages in PMS system to ensure the correct posting of revenues and calculation of taxes.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (verbal and written) with guests, clients, vendors, suppliers, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to compute intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of MS-Excel and Word.
- Experience in same and/or similar position in a hotel/resort.
- Ability to work proficiently with checklists.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Prior Audit and policy procedures implementation experience.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- SAP (software) and Opera/Micros experience.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.