Employment Type: Full Time
Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU.
If you join Meliá Hotels International, you will immediately be empowered to enhance the experience of every guest. We put the emphasis on having a qualified team of people working in an environment where flexibility, motivation, commitment, involvement and enthusiasm prevail. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious, and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us!
Meliá Hotels International is the world’s largest resort hotel company in the world. With 350 hotels worldwide, and growing, the company has been firmly committed to international development.
- Service vocation Because our guest is our reason for being
- Excellence Because we do things right: with professionalism, efficiency and agility
- Innovation Because we anticipate and evolve to be better every day
- Proximity Because we love to share, listen... feel
- Consistency Because we do what we say
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Pay rates that meet or exceed area standards.
- Competitive Benefits Plans: Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Work/Life Balance: Holiday, vacation, and sick pay
- Worldwide Hotel Booking Discounts: Amazing discounts to everyone who is part of the company, including our family or friends.
- Partner Discounts: Meliá Hotels International takes advantage of its leading position on the international market, striking deals with other companies to offer our employees products or services at a more competitive price. For example, theme parks, banks, airlines, insurers, and gyms, etc.
- Provide fast and courteous service of food and beverage to guests at the pool.
- Clear, clean, and set tables according to the standards of the hotel.
- Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment and materials to and from the breakfast area.
- Welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Separate dishware, glassware and silverware and deliver to washer for cleaning.
- Perform pre and post shift side work assignments.
- Handle food objects, bus trays/tubs, plates, glasses etc.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
- Promote and apply teamwork skills at all times.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy, and a positive attitude.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Comply with hotel policies, procedures, uniform and grooming standards.
This brief description/responsibilities and/or duties are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. EEO/M/F/D/V
- You must be at least 21 years of age to be considered for this role.
- Must be able to work outdoors.
- This role requires full availability for any shift, any day of the week, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have at least 1year experience a similar position as a server in a hotel/restaurant environment.
- Ability to carry/lift/push/pull items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Job requires frequent bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Other languages preferred.
Only candidates with authorization to work in the U.S.A. will be considered. At this time, no monetary relocation assistance is available