Employment Type: Full Time
Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU.
If you join Meliá Hotels International, you will immediately be empowered to enhance the experience of every guest. We put the emphasis on having a qualified team of people working in an environment where flexibility, motivation, commitment, involvement and enthusiasm prevail. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious, and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us!
Meliá Hotels International is the world’s largest resort hotel company in the world. With 350 hotels worldwide, and growing, the company has been firmly committed to international development.
- Service vocation Because our guest is our reason for being
- Excellence Because we do things right: with professionalism, efficiency and agility
- Innovation Because we anticipate and evolve to be better every day
- Proximity Because we love to share, listen... feel
- Consistency Because we do what we say
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Pay rates that meet or exceed area standards.
- Work/Life Balance: Holiday pay, Paid Vacation, and Sick time.
- Worldwide Hotel Booking Discounts: Amazing discounts to everyone who is part of the company, including our family or friends.
- Partner Discounts: Meliá Hotels International takes advantage of its leading position on the international market, striking deals with other companies to offer our employees products or services at a more competitive price. For example, theme parks, banks, airlines, insurers, and gyms, etc.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests' needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property.
- Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage.
- Supply guests with directions.
- Arrange transportation (i.e. taxi, shuttle bus) for guests and record advance transportation request as needed.
- Inform guests of property amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of interest and activities.
- Monitor complete control of bell carts and hotel lobby telephones at all times.
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area in a prompt and professional manner.
- Assist with luggage storage and retrieval.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Be up-to-date with all Hotel features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Drive hotel vehicle to and from various destinations within the area of the town of Celebration.
- Maintain stock, supplies and cleanliness of Hotel entrance, Lobby, Luggage Closet and equipment.
- Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
- Promote and apply teamwork skills at all times.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy, and a positive attitude.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Comply with hotel policies, procedures, uniform and grooming standards.
This brief job description/responsibilities and/or duties are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. EEO/M/F/D/V
- Valid driver’s license with clean record is required.
- Extensive knowledge of hotel area, local attractions and promotional activities within the area preferred.
- Flexible schedule is required; must be available to work various shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Other languages preferred.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when multi-tasking and providing service to multiple guests and/or clients within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Only candidates with authorization to work in the U.S.A. will be considered. At this time, no monetary relocation assistance is available.