Human Resources Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU.
If you join Meliá Hotels International, you will immediately be empowered to enhance the experience of every guest. We put the emphasis on having a qualified team of people working in an environment where flexibility, motivation, commitment, involvement and enthusiasm prevail. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious, and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us!
Meliá Hotels International is the world’s largest resort hotel company in the world. With 350 hotels worldwide, and growing, the company has been firmly committed to international development.
- Service vocation Because our guest is our reason for being
- Excellence Because we do things right: with professionalism, efficiency and agility
- Innovation Because we anticipate and evolve to be better every day
- Proximity Because we love to share, listen... feel
- Consistency Because we do what we say
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Pay rates that meet or exceed area standards.
- Competitive Benefits Plans: Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Work/Life Balance: Holiday, vacation, and sick pay
- Worldwide Hotel Booking Discounts: Amazing discounts to everyone who is part of the company, including our family or friends.
- Partner Discounts: Meliá Hotels International takes advantage of its leading position on the international market, striking deals with other companies to offer our employees products or services at a more competitive price. For example, theme parks, banks, airlines, insurers, and gyms, etc.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Advise staff of formal policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes. Ensure that company hiring standards, laws and applicable regulations are followed in the application, hiring and selection process. Work with department heads to anticipate and plan for upcoming staffing needs and related budgets.
- Conduct, document and analyze data from exit interview, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports and etc. to identify trends, training needs, supervisor issues, etc., to improve employee satisfaction and retention.
- Create programs and events to foster a positive work environment for all employees (e.g. all employee meetings, excitement committees, health fairs, etc.). Support and administer the employee satisfaction survey in conjunction with Corporate Human Resources. Assist the General Manager and other department managers with developing actions plans based on feedback. Facilitate feedback sessions.
- Coordinate, support and administer all other corporative initiatives such as annual merit process, short term incentive process, benefit enrollment and communications, wage and hour surveys, etc.
- Support and administer an effective employee relations program. Research and investigate all workplace issues to discover facts, identify potential liability to the Company, and facilitate resolution. Support and promote the employee resolution process. Advise Corporate Human Resources of any potential serious issues.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Design and facilitate effective training and development programs for employees. Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensure worker’s compensation claims are properly documented and reported.
- Submit required documentation in response to unemployment claims. Participate in unemployment hearings as needed. Ensure that paperwork is complete and documentation is through so the company’s position can be legally and effectively represented.
- Control expenses within the HR department. Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Ensure to communicate to employees property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Provides staff members an outstanding model of professional conduct, high morale and service.
- Promote safety within department. Ensuring all department staff members are following OSHA, MSDS, and Hotel Safety requirements.
- Report, document employee injury involving department staff members. Follow procedures established by Company/Hotel policies.
- To respect any confidential information received regarding guests, staff and management.
- To observe all security, health and safety regulations.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to General Manager.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Handle guest complaints following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Be up-to-date with all Hotel features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Attend regularly trainings and daily, weekly and/or monthly meetings.
- May assist by performing other duties as needed.
Only candidates with authorization to work in the U.S.A. will be considered. At this time, no monetary relocation assistance is available