Employment Type: Full Time
Title: Staff Accountant Location: Orlando
Want to work for an industry leader that values your professional talents and qualities?
We have the opportunity for you!
Founded in 1956 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, Meliá Hotels International is one of the largest hotel companies in the world and the largest hotel chain in Spain in both resort and city hotels. The company currently operates more than 350 hotels in 35 countries and 4 continents under its brands: Meliá, Gran Meliá, ME by Meliá, Paradisus, Innside by Meliá, TRYP by Wyndham, Sol Hotels and Club Meliá.
- Verify accuracy of the recording of income, analyzing and reporting, inefficiencies or weaknesses in operational procedures with recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct monthly and in some cases weekly stock inventories to ensure the correct use and storage of inventory and to minimize food, beverage, housekeeping, engineering and shop cost.
- Prepare daily and monthly reports (hotel and food and beverage flash reports and average spent), detailed analysis of house accounts, allowances, and front office audit.
- Minimize losses from credit card charge backs, review daily and undertake prompt actions and implementing proper front of house procedures.
- Ensure that all the hotel’s procedures are adhered in accordance with hotel policy and standards.
- On a daily basis, monitor reports of guests' high balances, analyzing each case and taking the right measures to ensure settlement.
- Control all deductions, adjustments, discounts, cancelations and discrepancies.
- Control and audit all miscellaneous revenues (upsells, telephone, laundry, gift shop, etc.)
- Daily review the night audit package and collect signatures.
- Review packages in PMS system to ensure the correct posting of revenues and calculation of taxes.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (verbal and written) with guests, clients, vendors, suppliers, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to compute intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of MS-Excel and Word.
- Experience in same and/or similar position in a hotel/resort.
- Ability to work proficiently with checklists.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Prior Audit and policy procedures implementation experience.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- SAP (software) and Opera/Micros experience.
Leadership, Service Orientation, Ability for interpersonal relations, proactivity for excellence, analytical thinking, planning and organization.
Bachelor Bachelor in Business Administration
- Minimum of 2 -3 year of experience as Finance & Administration Shared Service at Finance & Administration Hotel
- Spanish- INTERMEDIATE-HIGH
- Job Type: Full-time
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU!