Employment Type: Full Time
FULL TIME RESERVATIONS AGENT
Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU.
If you join Meliá Hotels International, you will immediately be empowered to enhance the experience of every guest. We put the emphasis on having a qualified team of people working in an environment where flexibility, motivation, commitment, involvement and enthusiasm prevail. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious, and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us!
Meliá Hotels International is the world’s largest resort hotel company in the world. With 350 hotels worldwide, and growing, the company has been firmly committed to international development.
- Service vocation Because our guest is our reason for being
- Excellence Because we do things right: with professionalism, efficiency and agility
- Innovation Because we anticipate and evolve to be better every day
- Proximity Because we love to share, listen... feel
- Consistency Because we do what we say
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Pay rates that meet or exceed area standards.
- Competitive Benefits Plans: Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Work/Life Balance: Holiday, vacation, and sick pay
- Worldwide Hotel Booking Discounts: Amazing discounts to everyone who is part of the company, including our family or friends.
- Partner Discounts: Meliá Hotels International takes advantage of its leading position on the international market, striking deals with other companies to offer our employees products or services at a more competitive price. For example, theme parks, banks, airlines, insurers, and gyms, etc.
- Ensure guests receive a consistent and professional welcome/goodbye from the hotel via telephone.
- Book and process all guest reservations for individuals, groups and/or wholesalers (either via telephone, fax, intranet, email, mail internally and through travel planners/corporations).
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Process cancellations, updates on changes and revise guest reservations requests for the hotel according to policy and procedures.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Ensure to make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines of the hotel and company.
- Create and update group block notes to provide relevant data pertaining to all group reservations and coordinate with other departments as needed to provide group reservation information and group needs as specified in contract.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability.
- Promote and apply teamwork skills at all times.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy, and a positive attitude.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Comply with hotel policies, procedures, uniform and grooming standards.
This brief description/responsibilities and/or duties are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. EEO/M/F/D/V
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role.
- This role requires full availability for any shift, any day of the week, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Other languages preferred.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when multi-tasking and providing service to multiple guests and/or clients within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Only candidates with authorization to work in the U.S.A. will be considered. At this time, no monetary relocation assistance is available.