Full Time Front Desk Agent
Employment Type: Full Time
FRONT DESK AGENT
Greet and assist guests courteously and efficiently according to hotel specifications. Maintain stock, supplies and cleanliness of front desk area and equipment.
Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel
In a company as large as your world, all that’s missing is YOU.
If you join Meliá Hotels International, you will immediately be empowered to enhance the experience of every guest. We put the emphasis on having a qualified team of people working in an environment where flexibility, motivation, commitment, involvement and enthusiasm prevail. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious, and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us!
Meliá Hotels International is the largest resort hotel company in the world. With 372 hotels worldwide, and growing, the company has been firmly committed to international development.
- Service vocation Because our guest is our reason for being
- Excellence Because we do things right: with professionalism, efficiency and agility
- Innovation Because we anticipate and evolve to be better every day
- Proximity Because we love to share, listen... feel
- Consistency Because we do what we say
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Pay rates that meet or exceed area standards.
- Competitive Benefits Plans: Health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance.
- Work/Life Balance: Holiday, vacation, and sick pay.
- Worldwide Hotel Booking Discounts: Amazing discounts to everyone who is part of the company, including our family or friends.
- Partner Discounts : Meliá Hotels International takes advantage of its leading position on the international market, striking deals with other companies to offer our employees products or services at a more competitive price. For example, theme parks, banks, airlines, insurers, and gyms, etc.
- Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner
- Process all payments according to established procedures
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on hotel services and room location
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Up-sell rooms when possible, to maximize hotel revenue
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to: posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposits, and counting/securing assigned bank
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints
- Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Book guest reservations for individuals that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel
- Process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Review/Track/Accommodate requests for room/check-out changes when possible; communicate status to appropriate staff.
- Confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Review out-of-order rooms daily.
- Ensure rates match market codes and document exceptions.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Secure valid payment.
- Balance Rooms Inventory
- Front Desk/Guest Services Agent experience at a hotel/resort preferred
- Flexible schedule is required; must be available to work various shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Other languages preferred.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when multi-tasking and providing service to multiple guests and/or clients within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
note that the foregoing qualifications are minimum essential requirements and there may be other requirements that arise based on business need.
Only candidates with authorization to work in the U.S.A. will be considered. At this time, no monetary relocation assistance is available.
Job Type: Full-time